Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pasta Endiablada!!!

Well today I decided to share one of my favorite recipes, and I believe that whoever can enjoy a spicy/creamy dish, will certainly love this. The origin of this recipe is unknown because my mom just happened to swap recipes with her hair-salon friends...I strongly believe it's a Mexican recipe though, my number one clue are the ingredients.
Ingredients (you can add other stuff to it, but this pasta by itself is good!)
*  5 or 4 Chiles (pasilla)
*  16oz sour cream
* Knorr (chicken flavored condiment, which can be replaced by chicken stock)
*Any type of pasta ...we do it with a 12 oz package of spaghetti from what I remember, but you can use angel hair pasta, or all good.
* olive oil
* You need a blender too...

First Step: I burn the chiles on the stove until they are black...
Step Two: ....then I cover them with plastic wrap, or even plastic bags from the market so that the burnt crust could peel off easier. Once the plastic shows signs of evaporation, I remove the plastic, and take out the seeds depending on how spicy I want it, then begin to gently scrape off the black flakes from the chiles. WARNING: Sometimes the pasta comes out really spicy even when you take out all the seeds, and the veins.
Third Step:Then I put the chiles in the blender along with 3/4 of the 16oz sour cream, a squirt of milk, and a teaspoon of Knorr. (why the milk you may ask? so it can blend easier. why didn't I tell you you needed milk? I forgot.)
After this you can add some more sour cream if you want to turn down the heat.
You probably know this step already, but in case you don' goes:
Step one: Set a big pot of water with a teaspoon of olive oil, and a teaspoon of knorr to boil. (Doesn't matter if it has to much water because you can pour it down the drain once the noodles are soft.)
Step Two: Once the water is boiling add all the pasta, and check on it 10-15 min later to see if its done.
You mix it together, it tastes good if you add chicken or shrimp to it too! Enjoy your spicy pasta....Thank you for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment